Wesnoth RCX (codename Morning Star) is a small desktop application for previewing and recoloring Wesnoth graphics using the game’s own team coloring mechanism.
Derived from the Wesnoth-TC codebase and built upon the powerful Qt framework, Wesnoth RCX is intended to serve as an aid for Wesnoth sprite artists and campaign developers who need to preview their unit artwork as it will be displayed in-game, with different team coloring parameters applied to it. It provides instant preview functionality, as well as the option to save the recolored results to disk for other purposes. The built-in visual palette and color range editors allow artists and coders to experiment with the possibilities offered by Wesnoth’s team coloring code, and even generate WML suitable for inclusion in add-ons.
Wesnoth RCX is open-source software, released under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or any later version.
The latest release is version 0.2.1, a bugfix release over 0.2.0.
- Source code: wesnoth-rcx-0.2.1.tar.bz2 (Bzip2 tarball, 106.8 KiB)
- Windows: wesnoth-rcx-0.2.1-win32.zip (Zip archive, 4.9 MiB)
- Mac OS X: wesnoth-rcx-0.2.1.dmg (Application image, 16.7 MiB)
Contributed by Alarantalara.
The complete source code history and the latest bleeding-edge changes can be found in the public Git repository hosted on GitHub.
git clone https://github.com/shikadiqueen/morningstar.git
- Repository information on GitHub
- Wesnoth RCX 0.2.1
- Tuesday, August 21, 2012 at 01:59 UTC
- Wesnoth RCX 0.2.0
- Monday, August 6, 2012 at 03:14 UTC
- Wesnoth-TC 1.5.1, and the future
- Tuesday, July 31, 2012 at 04:58 UTC