I posted a rather extensive report of the results of the
baldras.wesnoth.org migration to the developers’ ML because Ivanovic wanted me to post updates to the ML for some weird reason. I am fairly sure the people who are actually subscribed to it skip them entirely.
Because I care about transparency and stuff, I pointed out an important thing there:
[…] the migration process went smoothly and now the wiki is running MediaWiki 1.21.2 instead of 1.16.1. Look up 1.16.1's release date and the branch's EOL date and you'll understand why I've been saying "not really optimal" and "deplorable" when referring to the wiki.
(Only after sending the mail I realized that I wrote MW 1.16.1 instead of 1.15.1. The version that was running on
wesnoth.org is indeed 1.15.1, not 1.16.1.)
I don’t really have anything to add here, but I am providing a verbatim copy of the email after the break anyway, only because it’s a wall of text and I like those.